THANKSGIVING SONG! (UKULELE PLAYALONG)

 


In this video I'll be showing you a Thanksgiving song called "A Turkey Sat On A Backyard Fence!" 

Pretty soon our ears will be flooded with many many Christmas songs, but before we get there, I want to show you this one little Thanksgiving song. I'm not entirely sure where I learned it, but I think it might have been in my Kindergarten class. That just goes to show you how catchy it is, since I remember it more than twenty years later!

The song is sung from the perspective of a sad turkey. He tells us how he feels about Thanksgiving!

Here is the playalong video. The lyrics and chords are onscreen the whole way through if you want to learn and play with me. A full lead sheet can also be found on patreon. Watch the video here: 

    
Chords 
This song uses chords G D C G#dim Am and D7. Almost all of these are basic chords, but the G#dim will probably be new for you! Look out, you want to skip over the 4th string when you play it!

Strumming Patterns
The strumming patterns used are single downstrums and D du. When you see a dash marked after a chord (example: G/), that means you'll play just one downstrum on that chord. When you see a stand alone chord, you will play D du on that chord.

I hope you enjoy learning this rare little Thanksgiving tune! Play it for your friends and family during the holiday season if you like. :)

Happy Sunday!

Abby

☀️☀️☀️



If you're new here, welcome to my blog! My name is Abby Lyons and I'm a singer-songwriter. I share original songs on YouTube and Spotify. I also teach on Fender Play as a ukulele instructor. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)








Comments