Enya Solid Mahogany Cherry Blossoms Concert Ukulele Review


In this video I review the new Solid Mahogany Cherry Blossoms Concert ukulele from Enya. In this post I'll talk about the accessories that come in the starter kit and the design, comfort, and sound quality of this ukulele.

I'm a big fan of Enya ukuleles because they are always high quality, come with important accessories, and are at an affordable price. The company doesn't have a retailer, so they've been able to cut out the middleman and keep their prices competitive.

Accessories
Enya ukuleles always come with lots of accessories, but this one comes with SO MANY. More than what I have seen with other ukuleles from them. Almost hilariously so. The first accessory is the padded gig bag, which has a roomy front pocket, side handle, back handle, and hook handle. It's a high quality gig bag that will protect your ukulele.

This starter kit also includes an adjustable strap, a tuner with multiple settings and battery included, a black ukulele capo, an extra set of strings, a fingershaker (which is so fun!), a cleaning cloth, and two ukulele picks. I used to work at a music store so I know how some of these accessories (like the strap, tuner, and capo) can add on an extra $15-20 each! So this is a really good deal.

Now let's look at the ukulele!

Design
Enya has been known for coming up with unique designs, with ukuleles made out of carbon fiber and alternative material. This ukulele is more conventional in its look and it's made out of solid mahogany, so it's a wooden instrument. The body has a matte finish and is somewhat shiny in certain lighting, but it's more of a traditional look. There is an abalone inlay around the sound hole for decoration. The edges of the body are smoothed down as well so they are slightly rounded.

The headstock is the flashiest part of the look. There is a cherry blossoms design made from white pearl in the center. The headstock is longer than most, which I think gives it an elegant look. The tuners are gold agate die-cast tuners and they are very pretty, but more importantly they hold the tuning really well! Usually new ukuleles fall out of tune constantly (which is normal for the first week or two), but after I tuned this the first day, it was still nearly in tune when I came back the second day! I was very impressed by that.

Comfort
In terms of comfort, this ukulele has two strap buttons, which makes it so simple to put on the strap and play comfortably. The action is also very nice on this uke, not too high or low. It feels very easy to press down the strings and play.

Sound
And last of all, the sound! Right away I noticed that this ukulele has a very warm tone. The sustain and the volume on it are great as well. You can watch the full review and hear a playing demo in the video here: 


Here is the link to this Enya ukulele: https://amzn.to/3erngCK

If you buy anything at all through this link, I will receive a small commission from amazon at no extra cost to you. :)

Also, this ukulele has a 25% off coupon on amazon right now (today is November 22nd) on both the concert and tenor sizes. 

Thank you so much for reading this review and I hope you found it helpful!



Abby


☀️☀️☀️



If you're new here, welcome to my blog! My name is Abby Lyons and I'm a singer-songwriter. I share original songs on YouTube and Spotify. I also teach on Fender Play as a ukulele instructor. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)












 

Comments